Friday 24 April 2015

Innovation, Leadership and Juggling at London College of Fashion

Some time ago I was invited to speak at a couple of lectures at London College of Fashion on the subject of innovation and leadership in fashion and I am delighted to be able to return to LCF at the end of April for a 6 week series. I will be updating my blog on the areas that we'll cover and I hope that you will check in each week to see how we get on!
To give you a taster ....
What is Innovation?
What is Leadership?
What or who is an Entrepreneur?

I love Ted talks and they are a brilliant and accessible way to get thinking about these ideas
as a start ....where do good ideas come from?
Where good ideas come from

The excellent Harvard Business Review also gets you thinking about what makes a leader?  A post that is over 10 years old but really introduces the idea of emotional intelligence....
Harvard Business Review

...and to finish I will share a recent experience I had with leadership.  In December last year I was invited to participate in a painting project that gathered together women leaders in Liverpool.  The intention was / is to raise the profile of a project that has inspired and supported women from a variety of difficult backgrounds and experiences in life and through the power of painting and community can over come difficult times in life. 

BIG LOVE SISTA  is an emotional, messy and gorgeous jumble of fascinating women who are drawn together by the wonderful Clare Campbell.  Clare is without doubt one of the most inspirational leaders of an incredible tribe of women I have ever had the good fortune to meet. She inspired me not only to paint (for the first time in 20 years) but to step up to be the leader that I know I can be - I am a 'Shoe Bird' but also 'The Juggling Goddess'

No comments:

Post a Comment